BCS are a dynamic professional consultancy in our 6th year of business with ambitious growth strategy. We work across the ever expanding Data Centre and IT Asset Consultancy market offering a wealth of opportunity. As a business we want to attract, develop and retain the best professionals in the industry, the goal is to provide the environment for apprentices to flourish and grow with the business.
Working as part of a team alongside Project and Senior level Project Managers to suport the delivery of projects, you will provide a service to the project management function, undertaking low complexity tasks to support senior colleagues. You will be expected to manage your own workload under a high degree supervision and resolve routine/simple problems.
You will be required to:
- Follow clearly established financial procedures relating to project management processes, such as expense recording, to complete necessary tasks and ensure standards of accuracy are maintained
- Carry out tasks, such as the preparation of documentation, or the research and collation of information to support the implementation of projects to time and quality standards
- Prepare basic documents, presentations and other materials to a clear brief, using established formats and standard software. This may include collecting data and undertaking basic analysis to contribute to internal decision-making
- Provide feedback on existing project management processes to contribute to the improvement of project management processes and systems
- Complete tasks as requested by colleagues and provide feedback to customers’ enquiries, in order to provide an effective support service to the project management function
- Resolve operational day-to-day queries and requests on a number of projects supported, ensuring an efficient and high-quality service is extended to all internal clients
Skills required –
- Basic Level knowledge of construction
- Proficiency with desktop applications (e.g. MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Proficiency in using common and straightforward project management software and systems
Personal Qualities –
- Good communication skills and ability to liaise with peers and immediate seniors
- Enthusiastic about construction, self motivated and willing to learn
- Punctual and reliable
- Commercial awareness and a developing organisational understanding
- A logical approach and ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to manage own time in accordance to a broad schedule
BCS will provide sponsorship for a post-graduate conversion qualification for high calibre candidates who do not have a cognate or APM accredited degree. This will be via distance learning.
BCS will provide training through their industry-leading structured APM programme. With your commitment and their support, you’ll become a Chartered Surveyor in a minimum of two years (or longer if conversion course is required).
The company intends to produce high calibre practitioners through its rigorous programme. There is ongoing studying and document preparation, whilst regular assessment ensures progress and identifies where further study or support is required.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
BCS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.