We are currently seeking a number of personable, enthusiastic, and energetic Cost Managers / Quantity Surveyors, to join our cost and commercial management team to support our continuing growth and make the difference to both our business and to UK and European utilities infrastructure.
You will be a Cost Manager within our Utilities business working on a variety of client and BCS projects and initiatives. You will have experience of establishing friendly, professional and appropriate relationships with clients, colleagues and other parties involved in the projects and programmes we support and the role will be:
• Administering a variety of contracts in accordance with project objectives and policies.
• Providing accurate project cost monitoring, forecasting and reporting to completion in line with budget.
• Pro-actively monitoring and managing cost variance and contract cash flow, and ensuring that applications are made correctly and in a timely manner.
• Collaborating with client and contractor teams to manage the delivery of project deliverables, KPIs, and objectives, including programme performance, cost control, and value engineering.
• Managing contract change effectively, ensuring that projects remain within governance and adopt best practice.
• Driving improvements in the accuracy of forecasts and budgets.
• Proactively providing sound commercial knowledge and support to all stakeholders.
• Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed.
• Leading people and commissions as needed.
Previous experience or a sound and suitable understanding of the following will be a distinct advantage in applying for this role:
• Excellent communication
• Contract Management (JCT, NEC, FIDIC)
• Cost modelling, cost planning, management, change management and control
• Risk Management
• Collaborative approach and best-for-project attitude
• Sharing best practice
• Identifying and driving efficiencies and improvements through the project life cycle
• Good knowledge of utility industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
• Ideally Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
• Ideally hold or be working towards an appropriate professional body membership or equivalent.
At BCS, we have integrity at its core, we truly cares about People, Corporate Social Responsibility and delivering better business outcomes to its clients.
We recognise that we are only as good as our People. Apply today to find out about the great things we’re achieving together and the fun we have as a team. As part of BCS you will have:
• Opportunity to develop rapidly within the organisation.
• An excellent salary/package and long term career prospects.
• Long term projects within the data centre sector.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
BCS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.